Thai Revenue Department - Payment by Tax Smart Card
The Revenue Department has set up an alternative payment method, the ‘Tax Smart Card’. Although in theory this could be of benefit, the conditions of use make it unlikely to take off as a popular alternative to the current methods.
Keywords: Tax, Revenue Department, Smart Card, Thailand
The conditions include:
- The card can only be used at one of 51 Revenue Department offices in Bangkok.
- Only the following commercial banks will support the card:
- Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited;
- Krung Thai Bank Public Company Limited; and
- Kasikorn Bank Public Company Limited.
- The tax must be paid in full when filing a submission by hand at the Revenue Department office. If tax returns for multiple companies are filed, then a pay-in-slip is available so that a single payment can be made, however this is only supported by Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn Bank.
- Online tax filing is supported only by Bangkok Bank on the condition that the tax is paid in full. If tax returns for multiple companies are filed, then a pay-in-slip is available so that a single payment can be made.
- Bank charge of 15 Baht per transaction.
Source: The Revenue Department