Keywords: Mazars, Thailand, Legal, Single Window, Visa, Work Permit, BOI
15 November 2017
Companies cannot use the new system unless a member of their staff has first completed a ‘Single Window’ training workshop. Companies must book a workshop session on the BOI’s website. Up to two staff members of a company at a time can attend a workshop.
In December 2017, this programme will be available online for the following uses:
- Approving a new BOI-related position
- Registering the expatriate with the BOI
- Renewing an expatriate staff position
- Cancelling an expatriate’s position
- Changing the work permit booklet to a digital work permit
The process will be as follows:
1. Go to the website and log onto the system with the BOI user ID and password (this is the same as the e-expert system ID and password).
2. Apply for approval of the BOI-related position.
3. Apply to enrol the expatriate in the ‘single window’ system.
4. The BOI approves the application, and sends the data to the labour and immigration authorities for pre-approval.
5. Once the company receives an email stating that the application has been approved, the company must schedule an appointment in the system for the expatriate to receive the visa and work permit (within 15 days of approval).
On the day of the appointment, the expatriate should do as follows:
1. Download the “Thailand Digital Work Permit” application to his smartphone.
2. Pay the fee for the work permit in cash.
3. Have his photo taken at the One Stop Services Center.
4. Provide a digital signature.
5. Obtain the username and password for the digital work permit (D-WP), open the D-WP application, and the digital work permit should then appear on his smartphone.
6. Obtain the visa stamp and re-entry permit in his passport. *
*There is no need to submit paper versions of the application for a visa (Form TM7) or the re-entry permit (Form TM8).
See the following YouTube videos (in Thai) for more information: