Recently, the Revenue Department announced that it would cancel the existing application form for requesting to be classified as a good exporter (Form SorDor 1) and the existing application form to be classified as a registered exporter (Form SorTor. 1), and would merge those two application forms into a single form to be called, “Application form for being classified as a good exporter or registered exporter” (Form SorOr. 1).
Keywords: Mazars, Thailand, Tax, Revenue Department, Royal Decree, COVID-19, Ministry of Digital Finance, Authorized Economic Operator, VAT
12 October 2021
Under the draft Royal Decree, a company or legal partnership can claim a tax deduction of 1.5 times (1 time as a normal deduction and 0.5 times as an additional deduction) the price for the purchase of COVID-19 test kits (antigen test kits) for its employees. This is to support business operators procuring COVID-19 test kits (antigen test kits) that meet the safety standards prescribed by the Ministry of Public Health for regular testing of their employees.
This shall be effective from the date of approval by the Cabinet until 31 March 2022.
This is to facilitate the submission of the application form and is in line with the plan for the Ministry of Finance to become the Ministry of Digital Finance (Digital MOF) which will improve the efficiency of the provision of services.
The new application form became available for use on 15 September 2021. The application form can be submitted through one of the following methods:
1. Submission by paper at a Revenue Area Office or Large Business Tax Administration Division
2. Online submission through the Revenue Department’s website
The conditions, qualifications, and privileges of being a good exporter or registered exporter as set out in Departmental Regulation No. Tor.490/2562, as amended by Departmental Regulation No. Tor. 366/2564 of the Revenue Code, are presented below.
Qualifications of an applicant
To be classified as a good exporter and registered exporter, the following conditions must be met:
- The applicant shall request that VAT refunds be deposited into its bank account.
- If there are several places of business, the applicant shall obtain approval to file VAT returns and pay VAT together at one place of business.
- The auditor or tax auditor that certifies the financial statements for the accounting period for which the application is submitted must be appointed by a resolution of the shareholders' meeting, and must comply with the rules and conditions set out in Section 3 septem of the Revenue Code.
Business operators who are classified as good exporters or registered exporters will receive VAT refunds faster, as detailed below: