Providing clarity in the tangled world of global taxation. As an international firm with experts in 91 countries, we understand the tax implications of working in a global economy.
International tax is approaching a moment of once-in-a-generation change as proposals for more coordinated global corporate taxation come closer to reality. Our worldwide presence allows us to give strategic advice on such long-term issues, as well as help clients navigate today’s complex tax rulebooks.
Companies that operate across borders or have a presence in multiple jurisdictions know that complying with local tax laws, and meeting reporting requirements, is a resource-intensive task. It demands local market expertise from trained professionals.
Our global network is ideally suited to serve large multinationals and global-minded mid-sized companies who need on the ground expertise in multiple jurisdictions. However, we also have substantial expertise helping fast growing companies who need a tax efficient structure for their first international expansion. The network means we have a clear view not only of the global trend but an on the ground view of disruptive, single country initiatives such as national taxes on digital services.
We have a particular focus on corporate structures. Whether it’s the effects of Brexit, US tax reform or changes triggered by the OECD Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) action plan, the risk of tax nexus is a growing and constant concern for businesses. We can help on issues such as international tax transparency. Navigating such an ever-evolving business environment increasingly requires an integrated, global approach with access to coordinated advice that can support your strategy and business decisions for the long term.
Our services include:
- International tax advisory with our global tax expertise
- Providing expatriate tax services
- Structuring cross-border real estate transactions
- Supporting transfer-pricing policies and international financing operations
- Advising on cross-border mergers and acquisitions
- Determining the most tax-efficient way to structure foreign offices
- Structuring the funding of an overseas business, taking into consideration the tax laws of the respective countries
- Managing the effective rate of tax and assisting with the timing of transactions
Our tools and solutions
Our international tax network creates a wide range of innovative and bespoke tools and solutions to support our tax clients. These include online resources such as the Covid-19 Global Tax and Law Tracker, and our portfolio of DAC6 services.