VAT and indirect taxes need careful planning as they make up an ever-larger part of the tax take.
Governments worldwide have shifted taxation to VAT and other indirect taxes over recent years to stabilise their tax base.
VAT is a complex area which applies to various transactions, and which can have a direct impact on the bottom line, leading to significant penalties if one gets it wrong.
Mazars helps businesses plan for VAT before setting out on a new venture, including setting up overseas, buying or selling property, or raising finances. Our experienced team addresses compliance issues proactively to help clients avoid penalties, as well as the impact of transactions on other areas of the business, such as audit and direct tax.
Mazars’ indirect tax experts can offer advice and support with the following issues across all sectors:
- Health checks that can identify both VAT risks and opportunities for VAT savings
- International tax and dealing with trading outside Thailand
- Land and property transactions and related tax options
- Expert advice for specific tax solutions
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Compliance with Thai tax authorities’ requirements
- Compliance with tax returns and payments, penalties and surcharges, tax registration, reviews and tax audits
- Indirect tax investigations and independent tax reviews
- Managing the impact of an indirect tax investigation
- Negotiating with the Thai tax authorities
- Conducting appeals proceedings and dealing with finance court actions